The branch currently focuses on several key technology areas:
- Pursue a mature delay tolerant technology for integration into a flight mission architecture.
- Develop deployable space and aviation network security architectures and associated technologies and protocols.
- Pursue the development of routing algorithms for power and bandwidth constrained environments.
- Develop Network Centric Operations for Space and Aeronautical Networks.
- Develop realistic space-based architectures for a routable, packet-based infrastructure.
- Re-establish a significant presence within NexNAS/NGATS/Aeronautical Communications